I am a senior creative with a focus on ideation and creative development. At present I am consulting to companies requiring integrated marketing, design and retail solutions and I enjoy delivering creative strategies tailored to my client’s specific needs.
Taking projects from concept to print
I work with print and digital, and have taken projects from initial concept stage through to print. I have also been responsible for the briefing of, and working with, photographers, stylists, printers and suppliers, as well as the design and art direction on each project. I am a strong communicator with both clients and suppliers.
Wide range of industries
I work across a broad spectrum of industries and clients and have experience in advertising and marketing; packaging and rebranding; magazine design and publishing and in the retail industry in both fashion and décor. An example of my retail work includes a new packaging design strategy and in-store communication strategy for Loads of Living.
Experience in leading magazines
I started my career working at Dorling Kindersley (London) as Art Editor. I returned to South Africa to work as Art Director of Promotions on COSMOPOLITAN magazine where I gained experience in brand and product placement and locations shoots.
I then moved over to advertising, working on fashion brands, and through my success on these I was head hunted by Edcon as Group Creative Director. My primary role was on the Edgars account, working closely with the ad agency to initiate, develop and implement new creative strategies, campaigns and visual merchandising.
I returned to my love of magazines to art direct and launch the new look, quarterly ELLE DECORATION.
I have also independently produced magazines and marketing material for a number of retailers. I have consulted to Hirt & Carter, where I conceptualised a content propagation and shopper solution design strategy.
I am a published author in the childrens’ interior design space, both in SA and the UK. My fifth kids décor book was released in August 2015, Rooms Your Kids Will Love (Human & Rousseau), and last year I authored another book for kids called Fun Foods (Struik 2016). I have art directed, styled and produced over 1000 images for these books, and self-published my third book, Baby Rooms & Nurseries in 2011 which I printed in Singapore. I have also recently published an autobiographical novel, Trapped (Human & Rousseau).
Internet based design solutions
I work with digital teams to design websites, newsletters and online shopping solutions.
I have designed and developed my website Kidsdecor.co.za and have a Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/kidsdecor. I have regularly presented inserts for Expresso TV on children’s décor and interior design.
- Meze Foods – rebrand, Packaging, Outdoor media design, Catalogue,
- Babatunde – catalogue design: 2014, 2015, 2016
- Nolans Flooring & Blinds – Advertising, design, Corporate Identity
- Black Fabrics – rebrand, logo design
- Laughtons Hardware – visual merchandising, P.O.S signage, Social media content creation
- Decorex – advertising & marketing, art direction & design
- Decor clients – Head Interiors, St Leger & Viney, Fabric Library – art director
- De Le Cuona (UK) – art director, designer & production of catalogues
- Loads of Living – packaging strategy redesign, packaging design
- Mzanzi Collection (DTI) – art direction and design
- Hirt & Carter – advertising & marketing, art direction & styling
- King James – Ackermans Home, Ackermans Baby: stylist and art director on shoots
- PUMA (Volvo Ocean Race) – event designer
- Narratives uk – stylist decor, shoot
- Rock Girl SA – Creative consultant (grassroots charity organization)
- Kidsdecor – Website design, social media, online shop, newsletter
- Beauty Africa – art director of exhibition concept
- Struik Publishing – designer (Gloria by Dion Chang)
- kids market days – creator & event organizer
- John Brown Media UK – art direction, Home Centre India
- Big Blue Media – creative direction and design, Afrimatters Quarterly Corporate magazine
- Ndalo media – Destiny Man cover shoots
- John Brown Media – creative director Discovery Magazine
- John Brown Media – contributor Fresh Living magazine
- PrimeLife Media – production & design of the Stellenbosch Square minimag
- New Media Publishing – creative director, edgars club mag
- New Media Publishing – Radox minimag supplements
- New Media Publishing – TygerValley minimag supplements
- Clicks group – creative director, stylist and designer of the Bridal minimag
- 8 ink media – creative director, Real Simple magazine
- Associated magazines – Cosmo, House & Leisure, Oprah – stylist and art director
- Johnnic – Elle Decor, Soccerlife, Destiny Man – art director and stylist